Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Trying to get back on track

Last week, I only ran once.  I had planned on running Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, but life and the weather got in the way.  I ran Tuesday; it was a good run.  Thursday rolled around and there was a heat advisory.  The heat advisory continued into Friday as well.

I attempted to get back in the swing of things this morning with a 3 mile run.  As I headed out the door, something felt off. Less than a quarter mile in, and my heel was hurting.  I slowed my pace, and continued on my way.  The more I ran, the more my leg started to hurt.  Then I would walk, and my leg would feel better. I would start running again, my leg would hurt, I would start walking--and it continued in a vicious cycle until I got home.

I thought that using my foam roller would help, but there is still some tightness that won't go away in my calf muscle.  It kind of feels like I had a charlie horse in my leg, but I haven't had one in a while.

Hopefully, it will feel better tomorrow so I can get another run in before the next heat wave starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment