Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Race Recap: runDisney's Glass Slipper Challenge

Way back in July 2015, I signed up to run the Glass Slipper Challenge.  I was in the first few weeks of marathon training, so I had my plan in place.  I was going to continue the Team in Training fall schedule for the rest of the winter, but use the half plans starting two weeks after the race. 

Training this time around was okay.  I didn't have a terrible winter, so I could run outside a lot.  The bigger problem was getting a run in before dark during the week.  I had been staying at school later to make sure everything was ready for the next day.  By the time I made it home, it was dark. 

The magical day came.  I spent my morning at school and took a mid-afternoon flight from Indy to Orlando.  My mom was supposed to meet me at the resort, but her flight kept getting delayed.  I made it to the resort first.  By the time my mom finally got there, the race expo was closing.  We went te next day after our breakfast reservations.

The Expo was much better than I had experienced at my last Princess experience.  It took over all of HP Pavilion and the Josten's Center at the Wide World of Sports complex.  I was slightly disappointed at the lack of Princess Half Merchandise they had available the next day.  I ended up with a travel coffee mug, a magnet, and an "I did it" shirt.  I also bought another cute running shirt.  I really wanted the Tervis water bottle, but they didn't have any by the time I got there.

The races were great!  I managed to be right upfront for the 10K.  I really tried to keep the pace slower for the first leg of the race.  I loved running through Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Clubs.  It was a solid run with a 10:02 min/mile average pace.  The half was also pretty good.  The course was very similar to the first time I ran it, three years ago.  I had an average pace of 10:29 min/mile.  I didn't stop for any character pictures until the end of the race, where I met two of my favorites!  


No comments:

Post a Comment